A big thanks to all that are participating in our Third Annual Fight CF 5K-10K-Half Run/Walk! The Battle For The Bridge team really appreciates your support in the fight against Cystic Fibrosis. We’re providing you with information on Saturday’s Race. All of the proceeds from this event are donated to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
We’d also like to thank our title sponsor, TZ Medical, for helping us fight Cystic Fibrosis!
Check in begins at 8:00 am and the race begins at 9:00 am
Where is the race located?
- Address: The race is located at Mary S Young Park: 19900 Willamette Drive, West Linn, OR 97068
Where is parking and check-in located?
- Parking: Please refer to the map below. Once you enter the Park driveway from Willamette drive, follow until you see the signs for parking. The first lot will be on the right (Across the street from soccer/football fields, where the check-in /starting line is located). The second lot is at located at the end of the driveway.
- Check-in: The race check-in is located in the soccer/football fields across from the first parking lot.
How do I check-in?
- Proceed to the check-in booth. A team member will check you in to the race. Then sign a liability waiver and collect your BIB. You can also check-in bags/gear if needed.
- If you have not registered, a team member will collect payment and assign you a race bib. Then sign a liability waiver and collect your BIB. You can also check-in bags/gear if needed.
- Restrooms are located close to the check-in/start/finish area.
How does the race work?
- 5K: The 5K is 2 laps around Mary S Young Park.
- 10K: The 10K is 4 laps around Mary S Young Park.
- Half: The Half Marathon is 8.5 Laps around the Park. Racers will start at a different part of the course.
- Water, Energy Bars, and Gatorade is provided at the start/finish line and at stations on the trail.
- The Race begins at 9:00.
- Uberthons will be timing the race.
When do I receive my time?
- Uberthons will provide the times shortly after the race and will post the results after the race.
What do I receive at the end of the race?
- All finishers will receive a Medal.
- The top 3 men and top 3 women for each race will receive a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place medal.
How does this race support the fight against Cystic Fibrosis?
- Fundraising: All proceeds from this event and our 2018 events will be forwarded to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Chapter of Oregon; who then directs the proceeds to be directed towards the research for a cure. This consists of funds raised through participation, donations, and sponsorships for all of our 2018 Battle For The Bridge events.
- Education: We will also have guest speakers who will speak prior to the start of the race and information on Cystic Fibrosis will be available as well.