A big thanks to all that are participating in the inaugural Battle CF 5K Run/Walk! The Battle For The Bridge team really appreciates your support in the fight against Cystic Fibrosis. We’re providing you with information on Saturday’s 5K:
Where is the race located?
- Address: The race is located at Mary S Young Park: 19900 Willamette Drive, West Linn, OR 97068
Where is parking and check-in located?
- Parking: Please refer to the map below. Once you enter the Park driveway from Willamette drive, follow until you see the signs for parking. The first lot will be on the right (Across the street from soccer/football fields, where the check-in /starting line is located). The second lot is at located at the end of the driveway.
- Check-in: The race check-in is located in the soccer/football fields across from the first parking lot.
How do I check-in?
- Proceed to the check-in booth. A team member will check you in to the race. Then sign a liability waiver and collect your BIB. You can also check-in bags/gear if needed.
- If you have not registered, a team member will collect payment and assign you a race bib. Then sign a liability waiver and collect your BIB. You can also check-in bags/gear if needed.
- Restrooms are located close to the check-in/start/finish area.
How does the race work?
- The race is a 5K (timed by Uberthons) and it is 2 laps around Mary S Young Park. Because the race is 2 laps, you will go through the finish line twice; meaning you will receive two times.
- Water is provided at the start/finish line and at a station on the trail.
- Runners will begin at 9:00 and walkers at 9:10.
When do I receive my time?
What do I receive at the end of the race?
- A commemorative Battle CF Challenge Coin.
How does this race support the fight against Cystic Fibrosis?
- Fundraising: All proceeds from this event and our 2016 events will be forwarded to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Chapter of Oregon; who then directs the proceeds to be directed towards the research for a cure. This consists of funds raised through participation, donations, and sponsorships (TZ Medical, Sarah DeLauder from Country Financial) for all of our 2016 Battle For The Bridge events.
- Education: We will also have guest speakers who will speak prior to the start of the race and information on Cystic Fibrosis will be available as well.